Sunday, February 8, 2015

theBalm; "How 'Bout Them Apples?" review

While I know this is no new product by any means, I finally was able to get my hands on some of theBalm cosmetics, and wanted to share my experience with them. I find this product reviewed less often online, so it would be a good one to start with! Shall we?

What it is: This palette comes with 6 cream colors which can be used as a blush, or lip color. It retails for $32 for 20 grams of product. That is about 3 grams and $5 per color. I was able to purchase this for half price on Haute look,and I've heard they have regular sales so keep your eyes peeled if you're interested!


Packaging: The thing that interests me about theBalm the most is the packaging- its always cute, flirty, and maybe a little bit provocative. The colover of this one is a girl having a picnic with her dog. The cover flips up to reveal a huge mirror on the top protion and the 6 colors on the bottom half, all with pictures of attractive men next to them.


Colors: The 6 colors have 6 colors that can be blended into the skin for a more wearable look, or built up for more intense color. With one red, two peaches, one nude and one brighter pink. I actually love all of the colors in this set, some are more "wearable" than others- but each color I've worn so far is beautiful.



Wear and Application: As stated before, some colors are more wearable than others, but it also depends on your skin tone and idea of wearable! When blended right, they can all be worn. I applied them as blushes with my ELF stippling brush, dabbing it and then blending in circles. Since they are creams, I do reccomend setting with a translucent powder or a blush. I have been topping mine with Benefit & Milani blushes. They lasted relatively all day, only appearing sightly less vivid mid day.
Right to left: Cider, Pie, Candy Cobbler, Crisp and Caramel. Same for below, top to bottom. 


As lips I have not tried to wear this product all day, as I prefer my matte lip creams and dark colors. I would say these lean more towards tinted balms with a slight glossy finish. I tried them on for texture, and they didn't make any dryness show, and did feel smooth and creamy.

Would I reccomend? Yes! I love this palette for cheek coloring especially. Its great to play around with, learn how to use creams and layer underneath other blushes. I would wait until you can find one of their 50% off sales, if you can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment