Wednesday, February 11, 2015

theBalm: "Nude 'Tude" review

Hey everyone. I have my third post about theBalm cosmetics today- this is likely my last, or second to last, unless I purchase more of their products. Today I will be doing a short review of their " Nude 'Tude" eyeshadow palette. Have you heard of it? This is the original, and there is also a "Nude Dude" which I have yet to get my hands on.

What it is: This is a nude eyeshadow palette which features 10 different eyeshadows- some matte, some shimmer. It costs $36 for 11.08 grams of products- thats about $3 per eyeshadow which contains about one gram of product per color. Like the other products, I purchased this for half off on Hautelooks sale.



Packaging: The packaging is quite awesome like their other products- while the cover is more bland, featuring a sepia toned living room ( I believe) it opens up to show a decent sized mirror on the top portion and a glamorous yet hysterical design on the bottom. What is it? 6 beautiful ladies, posing "naked" with the eyeshadows covering all their private areas. I think it is hilarious and classy, also innovative and I LOVE it!




Colors: Now there are 12 colors. They are as follows: Sassy (shimmer white), Stubborn (a shimmer mauve pink), Selfish (a shimmer cool toned taupe), Sophisticated (a shimmer medium brown), Sexy (a matte burgundy/brown), Serious (a matte black), Snobby (a shimmer golden tan), Standoffish (a shimmer/pearl baby pink), Sultry (a matte light brown), Seductive (a shimer brown with golden tones), Sexy (a shimmer deep purple with chunky glitter) and Sleek (a matte super dark brown).





These are my OWN interpreations of the colors- I am no expert here! As you cant tell most of the shadows are shimmer, some are matte. I actually prefer the texture, application and pigmentation in the shimmer shadows over the mattes. However, the matters are some of my favorite colors. I only see one, maybe two, highlight colors and the rest are lid, crease and outer corner colors.

I was not impressed with the pigmentation quality sadly. :( I felt some colors didn't apply well, and that they did fade with time. I noticed some minor creasing even with a primer and a base on some of these as well. My favorite colors are: Sexy, silly, sultry and stubborn. I would STRONGLY reccomend a high quality base for these!

Wearability and application: As said, this is a nude palette so as far as being work friendly this is absolutely great. These colors would go well with other nude palettes, or look awesome on its own as well. I was not impressed with pigmentation, nor how long it lasted. On the shimmers theres more of a 8/10, certain mattes and lighter colors almost a 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment