Monday, February 9, 2015

theBalm: "Mary-Lou Manizer" & "Cindy-Lou Manizer" review

The third (and fourth) product I have to review for you from theBalm cosmetics are two of their most very well known cheek products. Mary-Lou & Cindy-Lou Manizer are both known as highlighters and shimmer eyeshadows- like the other products I have reviewed from them, they are marketed with multiple uses! Here is my basic rundown of these products and what I think.

What it is: Both of these products are described as highlighters and shimmer shadows, that means you can use them for multiple things! They are both $24 for 8.5 grams of product- that's a whole lot! I got this for half off on Hautelook for $12 each! 




Packaging: Like all of theBalm packaging- I'm in love. These products come in round circular silver containers with a picture of a woman's "mugshot" and description of her crime. You open up the package and the product has a nice mirror on the top, product on the bottom. Only thing I have heard bad about these, is that they tend to break and shatter easily! I would keep this product in a safe place to avoid having to re-press them!



Colors: Mary-Lou is described as an "innocent honey luster". This highlighter is shiny and sparkly as heck! A little bit goes a LONG way as this product is very intense. I love me some glitter and sparkles so it's not scary, but be careful because it can make the rest of your blush/face products a blur. This highlight is intense- it will definitely be the focus. 



Cindy-Lou is described as a "reflecting pinky peach hue". It still has a shine and a luster that catches the eye, but is far less intimidating than Mary-Lou. I have been wearing this one every day and I find that it blends beautifully with blushes, and really compliments them- especially pink and peach tones! Far less intense, still beautiful.


Wearability and Application: Cindy-Lou is definitely more work friendly and for those who dont like a massively intense highlight, while Mary-Lou is great for a ton of shimmer and for those who like a night out on the town. The application is smooth, not splotchy and long lasting. They can transfer glitter if you often touch your face, so beware! 

Recommend? Yes! I would recommend Cindy-Lou as a primary color for beginners into the highlighting world, and Mary-Lou for those who are more adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment