Monday, February 9, 2015

theBlam: "Cabana Boy" review

My second theBalm cosmetics review is going to be on Cabana Boy. You've probably heard about it if you ever hear about theBalm. This will be a pretty short and summed up review seeing as it is only one product.

What it is: Cabana Boy is a blush/eyeshadow powder. It is 8.5 grams for $21. I also got this for half off on Hautelook so I paid about $10.50. The fact that this product can be used for multiple things always interests me, as you get a better deal for the money you spend!

Packaging: The packaging is a small square, flip lid "box". The cover shows a lay lounging at some resort with what I assume is the "Cabana Boy". I'm not a huge sucker for packaging, but theBalm has my favorite packaging hands down. Open it up and there is a small mirror on the top portion outlined with a green/leaves themed border and the bottom contains the product.



Color: There is only one color for this product. It is described as a dusty rose, which I do agree with. It has a "mauve" type feel to it and is beautiful for almost any skin tone. I can see it being a very pretty warm crease color as well if you wanted to wear it on the eyes. It does have a glow/sheen, but I would not define it as sparkly.



Wear and Application: I wore this blush the first 3 days I got it with one of their highlighters and I was in LOVE! The product is super pigmented, so a little goes a long way. It can be applied subtly and built up for more intense color as well. It blended in smoothly for me on top of a foundation/powder and into the highlighter. This is definitly an everyday/work friendly cheek color. The wear was decently long, although I can imagine in humidity it may budge a little bit.



Overall Cabana Boy is one of my all time favorite blushes, the color is gorgeous and gives you a nice subtle warm glow, it blends in nicely and looks great with multiple eyeshadow and lip colors.

Reccomend?: YES! 

No comments:

Post a Comment